PKA Acoustic Consulting Welcomes You
A Sydney Based Acoustic Consulting Firm With Expertise in All Building Sectors
Solutions in Acoustics Since 1968Peter Knowland & Assoc.
We have extensive experience in the measurement, analysis and control of sound and vibration and have undertaken analysis, and provided recommendations for many landmark projects over the last 46 years. Our clientele includes the Sydney Opera House, Queen Square Law Courts, Sydney Town Hall, Qantas T2 Terminal, University of Sydney Law Building, Lane Cove Tunnel, Queensland Cultural Centre, Aotea Centre in Auckland and many more.
- PKA was established in 1968 by Peter Knowland who remains actively involved in the firm’s operations and provides guidance on major projects.
- We also provide the same practical acoustic expertise to smaller residential and commercial building projects. These extend from the preparation of Development Application (DA) stage acoustic report for single dwellings to masterplan acoustic reports for new subdivisions and multi-unit apartment buildings.
- Every project incorporates specific acoustic design solutions to enhance progress through DA, Construction Certificate and Construction Stages.
- Our design solutions take in to account buildability in addition to the acoustic goals in order to minimise costs to the project.
- We can coordinate with builders, architects and engineers to ensure a fully documented acoustic solutions for tender.